The resources on this page provide information on how service-learning can be used to promote peace. Following are some of our most relevant resources for this topic.
NSLC Library Items
- Civic Engagement and Service-Learning with Young Children: Intergenerational Peacemaking Projects (2003) (HTML)
- Learning Peace? Creating a Class on Creating Community (1996), Lee Herman and Joy Shortell (PDF)
- Nobel Peace Laureate Wangari Maathai: Connecting Trees, Civic Education, and Peace (2005), Iftikhar Ahmad
- Pennies for Peace Getting Started and Implementation Guide (2009) (PDF)
- Teaching for Justice: Concepts and Models for Service Learning in Peace Studies (1999), Edward Zlotkowski, Kathleen Maas Weigert, and Robin Crews
SLICE Ideas and Examples